WRT RESPONSE TO COVID-19
WRT is taking the novel coronavirus seriously and in order to do so, we have implemented some new standards and protocols that will help keep our guests, staff, and community safe. Please take a look at our updated protocols and feel free to give us a call if you have any questions.
Group size and social distancing on DAY trips
All boats will have reduced capacity. Before boarding the boat, all participants will be following the hygiene protocols below. Each will have a designated location within the craft.
Any food that is part of a day trip will be prepared in third party professional kitchens.
Hygiene practices and protocols
All raft parts, hard goods, bags and all paddles used during a trip that come in contact with people will be wiped down with isopropyl alcohol or soapy water after each trip and left to sit untouched for 15 minutes in direct sunlight.
Helmets, splash tops and bottoms, gloves and booties used during a trip will be dunked in a bleach solution or soapy water, then rinsed in clean water. These solutions adhere to the National Institute of Health’s recommendations and the CDC findings and EPA guidelines. Any cleaned item will be left to dry and then placed in direct sunlight for 15 minutes again prior to its next use.
Vehicles used to transport any WRC participant back to their own car will be sanitized between each trip and kept clean from clutter and unnecessary objects. When using a shuttle service, we will ensure that shuttle service is meeting or exceeding the CDC guidelines for disinfecting.
Protocols while on Trips – Raft Trips
Each raft trip will begin when participants arrive at the WRT office/location.
- Each participant will be required to immediately wash their hands.
- Each participant will be required to make a “declaration of health” before the safety talk begins. WRC reserves the right to respectfully decline participation to anyone who has any of the following symptoms or has had them in the past 14 days: a fever, chills, shaking with no chills, loss of taste or smell, muscle pain, headache, sore throat, cough, shortness of breath, difficulty breathing not associated with a pre-existing condition like exercise induced asthma, persistent pain or pressure in the chest, new confusion or inability to arouse, bluish lips or face
- A hand wash station and hand sanitizer will be provided prior to trip departure, as well as immediately following the trip’s completion.
- Any items used or worn during the trip will be cleaned before the next trip or person/s use them according to the cleaning protocols above.
If someone in your party falls ill prior to a trip
- If any of our guests develops flu-like symptoms prior to any WRT trip, per CDC guidelines, we will provide that person or that person’s immediate party a full refund, excluding any taxes and fees.
- WRT will consult with the sick individual regarding rescheduling at a later date that is at least 14 days after the individuals reported symptoms.
If a Guide falls ill prior to a trip
- Any guide showing flu-like symptoms less than 14 days prior to a scheduled trip start date, will be required to self-isolate and they will be pulled from all future trips until symptoms have cleared and they have been healthy for 14 days.
- If another guide is not available to pick up the trip, it will be cancelled and the participants issued a refund, less the processing fees taken by our service providers.