Enjoy an exhilarating time on the water with a single or tandem inflatable kayak trip down the Red Rock Canyon of the Shoshone river in Cody, Wyoming! This tour is a great way to experience western whitewater at it’s finest.
NORTH FORK OF SHOSHONE FULL-DAY ADVENTURE
AN EXTRAORDINARY WHITEWATER RIVER EXPERIENCE IN THE HEART OF THE GREATER YELLOWSTONE ECOSYSTEM!
- Person Ages 10+
- Private Charter | Priced Per Person 7 Person Minimum - 9 Person Maximum
North Fork of the Shoshone Full-day Adventure
Your adventure begins just five miles east of Yellowstone National Park in the Shoshone National Forest. This stretch of river will transport you back in time where it is not hard to imagine the Cody Country of 100 years ago. Each bend in the river brings new breathtaking views. You may see bighorn sheep on cliffs, moose grazing along the river’s edge, a grizzly forging a hillside above the river, or eagles and osprey soaring in the Wyoming sky. You will feel the thrill of anticipation as you round the bends in the river above Morman Creek Rapid, Gunbarrel and others and then descend down the shoots of churning whitewater. This natural flow river is truly unique and it’s fluctuating flows mean no two experiences are the same. Because this river is fed from melting snowpack, it has a shorter season than most. Don’t miss it! A great option for wedding parties, corporate events, and special occasions. Give us a call to plan something special!
Wyoming River Trips is the only commercial rafting operation permitted on the Shoshone National Forest.
- Class II-III+
- Trip Includes: U.S Coast Guard-approved life jackets, splash gear (tops and bottoms), as well as a river-side lunch with all the fixings.
- Trip Includes Riverside Lunch: Please let us know at the time of your booking if anyone in your group has any food allergies or dietary restrictions.
Because of colder water temps, faster-moving water, and a more remote river setting, we have set the age restriction at 10 years + (depending on water levels). All passengers should be in good health and have the ability to move dynamically in a water environment. Passengers should feel comfortable paddling. If you have concerns over whether or not you meet these criteria, please give us a call to discuss trip options.
What to Bring
- Reusable water bottles
- Change of clothes
- Dress in layers — opt for quick-drying clothing, synthetic insulating layers (plan for changing weather conditions)
- Secure footwear that can get wet
Wyoming River Trips guides are professionals, and your safety is their highest priority. However, no outdoor activity is without some inherent risk. You must acknowledge and, in substantial measure, accept that risk. All adult participants, and parents or guardians of minor participants under the age of 18, must sign an Acknowledgment of Risk form required by our insurance company. Please allow sufficient time for this, and check-in at our office when you arrive.
Please be sure to let us know about physical or mental limitations we need to accommodate prior to arrival and about any medication you might need to have with you on the boat (eg. inhalers, EpiPens, etc).
Cancellations and Group Policies
Notice of cancellation must happen at least 48 hours prior to trip departure. Full or partial cancellations made inside of 48 hours of trip departure are subject to full charge. Wyoming River Trips reserves the right to cancel any trip due to weather and safety concerns pertaining to water levels, environmental factors, and client ability levels/fitness/health. Weather cancellations will be offered a refund.
WRT reserves the right to cancel any trip and supports our guide’s decisions to stop any trip at any point if they feel they can not manage the objective or subjective risks presented by the environment, people or a combination of the two.
Cancellations due to weather or other objective factors made by WRT may be rescheduled and a partial or full refund will be discussed.
Cancellations due to subjective factors, such as the behavior of individuals in your party or cancellation inside of 48 hours not initiated by WRT will not be eligible for refunds.
Cancellations made within 48 hours are not eligible for a full refund.
Policies and Cancellations for Groups of 10 or more
- Groups of 10 or more are eligible for a 10% discount when payment in full is made at the time of booking.
- Groups must put 50% down to hold their reservation and WRT is not responsible for splitting your payment. Please arrange for split payments within your group. It is a huge help to us and other customers checking in.
- Groups are NOT guaranteed private launch times or boats unless this is prearranged with WRT. Private launch times, cost extra. Private boats (no member of the public can be added to your boat and your group will only be split into boats containing members from your group) cost extra.
- WRT does NOT provide shuttles to and from your hotel. We shuttle guests to and from our put-in and take-out but do not have enough drivers or buses to accommodate town shuttles while serving our other guests.
- Groups of 10 or more must give WRT at least 4 days notice of cancellation. If a group cancels within 4 day of the departure, WRT reserves the right to keep your deposit. Groups canceling within 48 hours may be subject to the full charge for their trip amount on the card holding the reservation.
Wyoming River Trips is a Permitte of the United States Forest Service