When selecting your outfitter, you have other fine companies from which you can choose from. We feel the difference between Wyoming River Trips and other outfitters lies in our attention to detail and in the quality of our personnel. The majority of our staff returns each, year after year to give you and your family the benefit of their years of experience. Family is one of the cornerstones of our business. We are family owned and operated, and we are committed to giving each and every person with whom we come in contact the most positive all-around experience.
Our company has been featured in many national publications such as: Travel and Leisure, Better Homes and Gardens, Mature Outlook, and Sunset magazines. We have also been featured on the Travel Channel and the Outdoor Life Network. We take pride in our company, and we feel there are key aspects in which we excel beyond any other outfitter. Here is what sets Wyoming River Trips apart from all the rest:
Experience, Knowledge, and Exclusive Sections of River
- Wyoming River Trips has been in operation since 1978 and is the only continually owned and operated company in the Cody area.
- We are the only company with access to the Red Rock Canyon of the Shoshone River, which is the premier section of river in Cody.
- Wyoming River Trips is the only company with a Special Use Permit, awarded by the National Forest Service which allows us to operate on the Shoshone National Forest, just outside of Yellowstone National Park.
- More than 300,000 guests have enjoyed whitewater-rafting with Wyoming River Trips.
- Experienced, well trained, personable guides and staff to make your adventure one you’ll never forget (all of whom are CPR/First Aid Certified).
- We use only top of the line equipment that is well-maintained.
- We set a gold standard for safety on and off the river, by working closely with Search and Rescue personnel.
- Wyoming River Trips maintains a strong commitment to treading lightly on the environment.
The Red Rock Canyon of the Shoshone (Wyoming River Trips Exclusive!)
The Shoshone River reads like a flowing history book with almost as many scenic vistas as colorful people and cultures who visited, explored, and lived here. Flowing through an extinct geyser basin known as “Colter’s Hell,” the geological formations present here are truly one of a kind. The Red Rock Canyon of the Shoshone is where rafting in Cody began, and it is without a doubt the premier section of river in the Cody area. Wyoming River Trips has exclusive access to this stunning stretch of river, and we invite you to come experience its breathtaking beauty first hand with WRT.
The North Fork of the Shoshone through the Shoshone National Forest (Wyoming River Trips Exclusive!)
The North Fork of the Shoshone River is the main eastern drainage of Yellowstone National Park. This river was used as a trade route during the fur-trading era for the mountain men and Indians who entered the “Yellow Rock” country in pursuit of its rich abundance of wildlife. In 1878, Chief Joseph and the Nez Perce used the river corridor as an escape route to evade General Howard and the U.S. Army. The Shoshone National Forest is America’s first National Forest. The river that flows through it, with its abundance of wildlife and scenery, is unrivaled by any other section of river in the Cody area. Our Special-Use Permit through the National Forest Service makes us the only river company with access to this pristine section of river.
“I simply want to express our appreciation for a most enjoyable day. Your crew was outstanding. Thanks for a great first experience on the river!”